Life really does begin at forty.
. . .
The truth is, I am not exactly sure what this project — this website BecomingUnbusy.com — is all about yet. I am waiting until I meet you to make that decision.
I am waiting to I hear your story.
I am waiting to hear your family goals.
I am waiting to hear what you want from life.
I am waiting to learn how we can collaborate before moving forward
For the past seven years, I’ve been on a journey toward Becoming UnBusy and mindfully making a living. I cannot wait to share my stories with you. I cannot wait to introduce you to the people I’ve met along the way. During that time:
- Our family paid off $82,000 in debt in a four year period
- I started a successful part-time business online (AKA: Let’s Lasso The Moon)
- I quit my job to expand my ever-growing freelance income–and am making more money now, plus my average work schedule is 9am-3pm and fluid
- My husband and I began investing in rental properties as a form of semi-passive income
- Our family made a commitment to choose experiences over things
- Our family began to travel–especially to National Parks
- We purchased a tiny-cabin near Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (that is also a rental property!)
What are you most interested in hearing about next?
We want to talk about the parts of our experience you’re interested in. Leave a note in the comments below or in our private Facebook group and we’ll answer your questions in the group, in a conversation or in a blog post.
Today, the evening before I turn forty, I celebrate my last “official” day of research by kicking off this site.
The journey continues to be an ever-winding road. I hope you’ll join me on it.
Dedication: A big thank you to my husband Shad for supporting our family (in more than one way) on this journey. JOURNEY. A hug to my friend Sarah, who always shows up to our dinner dates with a tote bag full of highlighted inspirational books. And a hell yeah to my birthday buddy Tiffany Dahle for demanding, yes demanding, I make this project a reality. As we used to say in the Dog House…
Vision without execution is hallucination.
Happy 40th birthday biz-atch.