This January, go against the grain. Make it a month of rest, not New Year's resolutions. Slow down and lean into the natural inclinations of winter.
At the start of the new year, many of us feel the pressure to set ambitious resolutions, transform our lives, and embark on a journey of self-improvement.
Yet in the early weeks of January, it's common for New Year's Resolutions to falter and fade away.
This isn't because you lack determination or effort but rather because it may not align with the natural inclinations of the season.
If you pause and observe the world around you, you can find valuable insights from the natural rhythms of winter that encourage you to take a different approach.
Picture January as a long, peaceful winter's nap.
Instead of rushing into the new year with resolutions, embrace this season as an opportunity for rest and reflection.
Look outside, and you'll see that nature is in a state of stillness, waiting patiently for the renewal that comes with spring.
This year, I encourage you to go against the grain.
Instead of succumbing to the pressure of resolutions, honor the wisdom of winter.
They guide us to prepare our minds, bodies, homes, relationships, and ourselves for a reawakening with the arrival of spring — a time when the natural inclination for goal setting is at its peak.
Go against the social rules.
Embrace the stillness of winter.
Make it a month of rest, not resolutions.
Let go of the guilt of resolutions and allow your intentions to align with the natural flow of life.
Slow down and savor the present moment.
Find peace in simplicity.
Create space for transformation.
Delve into more binge-worthy reads
Here are a few additional resources to help you opt out of the hustle, align, and embrace an intentional life.
- Resolutions tend to falter in winter because they often don't fit with the season's natural rhythm, making it challenging to sustain the commitment and enthusiasm that usually accompanies them.
- Winter serves as a unique opportunity for rest, mirroring the way nature goes into hibernation during this season, offering us a chance to slow down and connect with our inner selves.
- Finding mental clarity and peace is attainable during winter by simplifying your life and decluttering both your physical space and your mind, allowing you to focus on what truly matters.
- Take this time to prepare your mind, body, and home holistically, setting the stage for personal transformation as spring approaches, aligning with the rejuvenation observed in the natural world.
- Embrace the tranquility of winter, release the pressure to set immediate resolutions, and savor the joy found in the present moment, aligning your intentions with the season's unhurried pace for a more fulfilling journey of self-discovery.
Love this New Year Resolutions post? Sharing it would make our week ♥
It would make our week if you took a second to save or share this wintering post. That’s how we know we’re on the right track and should continue writing more content like this!